Tuesday, November 10, 2009

60 minutes (30/30)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 6:30 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I finally took the plunge and set my alarm for 15 minutes earlier. Even though I went to bed earlier to compensate, I still felt it. I was sitting by 6:30, with no construction noise. Unfortunately, I was sleepy during my meditation and this is the hardest thing for me. I hate the struggle to stay awake.

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 8:30 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)/(St. Francis prayer)
Notes: I had a weird meditation. When I started, I spontaneously started using the St. Francis prayer, but my mind was flitting all over the place. After 10 minutes, I switched to the Twin Verses and settled down a lot, but I was still distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment