Saturday, November 7, 2009

60 minutes (30/30)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 7:00 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I had a very good meditation this morning. I wasn't drowsy at all, I was somewhat distracted, but diligent in bringing my attention back to the passage. I felt very calm and focused. My periods of unfocus contrasted starkly with my periods of deep focus.

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: St. C House
When: 9:45 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: Being in a different place for meditation sometimes makes my mind swirl. It did that tonight. It took about 10 minutes for me to settle in, then I had a good meditation. It felt good to do a long evening meditation - I haven't been able to do this in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment