Sunday, November 8, 2009

60 minutes (30/30)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: St. C House
When: 6:45 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: Good meditation, moderately distracted and only sleepy in the last 5 minutes or so. I've learned that I need a heavy blanket over my knees and a light meditation shawl over my shoulders to stay warm enough. Experiencing some stiffness in my neck and this is new (and very distracting).

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: St. C Park
When: 12:05 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: Sundays are a tricky day for evening meditation because I don't return home from St. C until 9:30 or 10:00. The solution is to do my 'evening' meditation earlier (entirely possible, as this is my day off). I left my zafu set up with that in mind. However, in the afternoon I took the dog on a walk to a nearby park and it was so warm and lovely out! I sat underneath a tree with golden coloured leaves, bathed in sunlight and meditated for 30 minutes. It was sublime!

No comments:

Post a Comment