Tuesday, November 3, 2009

60 minutes (30/30)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 8:00 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: Great meditation this morning and I felt very alert. I'm excited that I'm no longer feeling sleepy during my meditation! This is really the hardest thing about meditating, falling asleep. I can embrace my monkey mind and the distractedness, but when I'm sleepy, my defences are down and I feel like I can't do the 'work' I need to be doing in meditation. My mind just shuts down.

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 8:50 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: Again, no sleepiness in my meditation! I wonder if it's the extra sleep that is making the difference (perhaps I need more sleep than I previously thought?). In fact, tonight I was a bit 'wired'. I felt very warm as I started the meditation, cooled down about half-way through. Moderately distracted, but diligent in bringing my attention back to the passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment