Wednesday, November 4, 2009

40 minutes (30/10)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 7:50 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I had breakfast, sat in front of my S.A.D. light and went for a brisk walk before doing my meditation this morning. This, along with adequate sleep (the perfect formula for this is something I'm still figuring out) seems to be right formula for an alert meditation. Even though I was feeling a bit sleepy this morning, I wasn't drifting off in my meditation. I was, however, quite distracted this morning. I had lots of practice in bringing my attention back to the passage.

Meditation: 10 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 9:50 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: Now that I'm regularly sitting for a half-hour at a time, 10 minutes feels like a walk in the park. It was a really nice way to 'wind down' after work, before going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment