Friday, November 6, 2009

40 minutes (30/10)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 6:45 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I'm trying to fit my meditation in earlier to avoid construction noise. I ate breakfast and sat in front of the S.A.D. light before meditating and that was helpful (no drowsiness). I'm thinking of shifting my wake-up time 15 minutes earlier so I can be on the zafu by 6:30 (construction starts at 7:00 a.m.).

Meditation: 10 minutes
Where: Subway
When: 9:45 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I had hoped for a longer meditation session tonight, but circumstances interfered. Instead, I ended up doing a 10 minute meditation on the subway while travelling home. I try to avoid meditating on the subway, but it was an interesting experience. Most of all, I was surprised by the sense of serenity that overtook me as soon as I closed my eyes and focused on the passage. It was immediate.

No comments:

Post a Comment