Saturday, October 31, 2009

60 minutes (30/30)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 7:00 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I wrote the new passage out on a small square of paper, which I propped up on my altar. With my 'cheat sheet' I felt comfortable with it and soon felt at ease with it. Unfortunately, I felt *very* sleepy this morning, despite having already been up for an hour (and gone for a brisk walk in the rain). I can't blame this on eating beforehand. I use a light therapy box and I'm wondering if I sat in front of it before my meditation, would it help? Also, I think I'm running a sleep deficit again - I haven't been to bed on time for the past two nights.

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: St.C House
When: 9:30 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)/(St. Francis Prayer)
Notes: I'm staying at E's house tonight, so had my meditation in her front room. I had a terrible time staying awake tonight during my meditation; I kept drifting off. Halfway through, I switched to the St.Francis prayer, thinking a change of focus would keep me awake. Didn't work. Breath focus didn't work. I was tired. I soldiered through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment