Wednesday, October 21, 2009

50 minutes (30/20)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 6:30 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation (St. Francis Prayer)
Notes: I'm more distracted in the morning, probably thinking about the day ahead. It was good practice, constantly returning my attention to the passage.

Meditation: 20 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 10:00 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation (St. Francis Prayer)
Notes: I'm going to play it by ear with this evening meditation, try to sit for at least 10 minutes but sit for more if I feel like it. Last night, I noticed an interesting pattern in my wandering thoughts: past and future. Every time I brought my attention back to the passage, I noted whether I was going into the past or into the future. There was a bit of past (mostly related to the yoga classes I taught during the day) but much more future.

2 comments:

  1. Your meditation log is very inspiring. Even though it is only a short log of your meditation, it helps me to try even a few minutes everyday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ean! A few minutes is all it takes. I think this was the biggest factor in helping me begin: knowing that I only had to sit for 5 minutes if that's all I could do. This rule still applies, but I find that I *want* to sit for longer.

    ReplyDelete