Friday, October 30, 2009

40 (30/10)

Meditation: 30 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 8:00 a.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I started using a new passage for my meditation this morning: the 'Twin Verses' from the Dhamapada. I've been meaning to memorise these all week, but didn't get around to it. So I kind of memorised them on the fly. It didn't take me long and I used the passage for the rest of my sit. I wasn't distracted at all this morning, but I was a bit sleepy. The late start time is because I decided to walk the dog after waking, then decided to eat some breakfast. I'm wondering if the drowsiness is from the breakfast?

Meditation: 10 minutes
Where: Zafu
When: 10:50 p.m.
How: Passage Meditation ('Twin Verses' from the Buddha, Dhamapada)
Notes: I had hoped for a longer meditation tonight, but it wasn't to be. Probably for the best, anyway. I'm struggling a bit with the new passage I'm working with. I don't feel 'settled' in it yet (read: I haven't sufficiently memorised it). I felt like I was scattered all over the place while I meditated.

No comments:

Post a Comment